From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-23 12:15:06

Federico J. Fern?ndez wrote:
> In my case, I'll be working in Spatial Indexes with Hartmut Kaiser.

Congratulations Federico. I'll be really interested to hear how you
get on.

Here's my spatial index problem of the day: I have a time-ordered
series of GPS fixes which I'm inserting into a spatial container.
Their locations are highly correlated with time, so I'd like to be able
to use a hint to say that each point I insert is adjacent to the
previous one (like we can do when inserting into a std::map). If I can
find a good way to do this I could improve this code from O(n log n) to
O(n), which would be very worthwhile.

Just something for you to think about...

Cheers, Phil.