From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-23 13:52:53

Hi John,

> I don't want to release Gautam's full proposal without his permission: I'm
> CC'ing him so he can respond directly, but I believe he's tied up in exams
> until the end of the month.

I can wait no problem.

> Was there something specific you were interested in?

I'm very interested in the SIMD part. What functions of the math
toolkit would be targeted? Also, will this project create facilities
that I can use SIMD hardware with my own calculations? For example, I
would very much like to do ray/box intersection tests by using SSE.
Would that be possible after the SOC?

This project might be of interest to you, in case you didn't know about it:

http://www.pixelglow.com/macstl/

Thanks,
Christian