From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 21:22:37

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 23:20 +0200, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Peter, shall I write a patch for the documentation for
> get_shared_count() and the new ctors? Or would you like to take care of
> that?

I prepared a patch for the documentation. While doing that, I noticed
that the current ctor is a template ctor, which it should not be. Is:

template<class Y> shared_ptr(detail::shared_count const & c, Y * p );

should be

shared_ptr(detail::shared_count const & c, T * p );

likewise for the move-version.

Also, for consistency purposes, one should also consider to add

  void reset( detail::shared_count const & c, T * p );

plus the move-version.

OK to change from template to non-template ctor?
OK to add the reset()-methods(s)?

OK to commit the documentation (adapted on the answer to the above
issues)?

Regards, Daniel