From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 23:23:53

On Thursday 24 April 2008 21:22, Daniel Frey wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 23:20 +0200, Daniel Frey wrote:
> > Peter, shall I write a patch for the documentation for
> > get_shared_count() and the new ctors? Or would you like to take care
> > of that?
>
> I prepared a patch for the documentation. While doing that, I noticed
> that the current ctor is a template ctor, which it should not be. Is:

What's the point of documenting an unspecified reference counter type?
Following the interface specified by the docs, the only thing you can do
with get_shared_count() is pass its return value directly to the
constructor that takes a shared_count. That adds nothing over the
aliasing constructor. You can't store the return value in a shared_count,
because it's an unspecified type.

--
Frank