From: Lance.Diduck_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-04-25 09:55:34

I think the best thing to do is package up your allocators, and present
them for a boost peer review. I have a strong interest in seeing more
specialty allocators in C++ so I will be glad to help, and even donate
some of my own, as I am sure others would to. Even bringing up
HeapLayers to boost quality standards would be worthwhile.

There are lots of ways of getting C++ classes and libraries to use
specialty allocators, but hardly any allocators nor docs on why you
might want to. Nor ways to actually write an allocator that could be
used in a library. For some reason people attach a lot of unwarranted
hype to GC and allocators -- esp to try and sell new "revolutionary"
programming models. Sigh. All we really need is a library of allocators
and ways to apply them without getting in trouble, and keep them out of
sight when I don't care. That is all the innovation I want.