From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-29 19:04:26

> >* When I'm testing different compiler settings trying to get another
> >few percent of performance, I don't have to compile another Boost
> >version for each compiler setting.
> >

> I think you have to rebuild the compile_inplace.cpp file each
> time you want to test a different compiler setting. I don't
> find an advantage to what you advocate here.

I think that his approach would be optional, in addition to the existing
bjam setup, right?
Hopefully those who know how to use a their build tools wont be impacted
;-).

Why is branching necessary though? Isn't the proposal just to add a
couple new cpp files? will it require modifying the existing ones?

-- John