From: Carlo Medas (carlomedas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-03 09:00:00

Dear all,

I'm kind of newbie here in this mlist although I've been using boost for a
while now.
I've been using and loving smart pointers in complex production environments
with amazing results.

Very trivial suggestion for cosmetic enh in intrusive_ptr:
why isn't there a method like shared_ptr::reset()? I mean the one with no
arguments. It's good in some code sections (e.g. to control release
ordering) to reset pointers, but intrusive_ptr is missing the reset with no
arguments, thus I have to do 'reset(0)'; this is not nice to read and not
symmetric with shared_ptr where you can do sptr.reset()

Thanks and best regards,

Carlo Medas
http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlomedas