From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-14 15:51:19

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> I love the bar at the top of
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/libraries.htm because it
> makes
>> the getting_started guide and other obvious destinations readily
>> accessible. However, I don't see anything like that at
>> http://boost.org. I would think, at the very least, "Get Boost" should
>> take people to something that /links/ to the getting started guide.
>> Thoughts?
>
> I have http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/libraries.htm
> bookmarked and consider it to be the main boost website for my purposes.
>
> If I ever type www.boost.org into the address bar I find a very
> inaccessible page that doesn't even provide me an obvious way to
> navigate to http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/libraries.htm
> (which is where I want to get) and I end up having to use the bookmark
> to get there.
>
> It looks like the solution is to just add that navigation bar to the top
> of www.boost.org providing the following links:
>
> Getting Started | Libraries | Tools | News | Community | FAQ | More Info

The interesting part of this is that there's already such navigation
links in the content. It's just that I never found a good style to put
them into the top, so it's hidden at this time (you can see them if you
turn of the default style in your browser). I do have a style in mind
now, but it also means changing the header style slightly. Hence I
haven't gotten around to having enough time to devote to implementing
those style changes (along with various typographical ones from
discussions on the doc list).

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything