From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-19 10:51:55

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Giovanni Piero Deretta
<gpderetta_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:59 AM, dan marsden <danmarsden_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> * Documentation issues would definitely need to be addressed before the library could be satisfactorily reviewed and accepted into Boost.
>
> I volunteer again to help with the documentation.

Me too!

But perhaps more important than the documentation, I think there could
be a lot of beneficial synergy between Egg, and the discussions
arising from Marco's multi-signature function. Egg is addressing a
somewhat higher level problem than the problem of accommodating
builtin functions along with polymorphic function objects, but it
seems to me that there's still some overlap. For example, how cool
would it be if you could defer builtin functions to use them with
fusion? With a little work, parts of Egg could feel right at home in a
library that offered this sort of functionality. This combination
could be much better than just Egg on it's own - strip out some of
Egg's less compelling features and fold what's left into a new project
with Marco and I - the whole could be greater than the sum of its
parts!

Daniel Walker