From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 10:34:57

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Thomas Karolski
<thomas.karolski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Me neither! I think that you can find the error log in the build
>> directory. As soon as I get home I'll give you more detailed help
> I seem to be unable to find any relevant log file (did a search for *.log).
>>
>> Ah, ok. Try with the copy in the boost svn sandbox:
>> sandbox/SOC/2006/coroutine
>>
>> There might be some diferences.
> I tried just now with the contents of sandbox/SOC/2006/coroutine/trunk, but still the same error.
> No change even if I try with sandbox/SOC/2006/coroutine/tags/final.
> However, I got it to compile with gcc-mingw-3.4.5 - so this seems to be an msvc-9.0 issue.

I have never tested it with mingw, and I think that there might be
some problems with exception
handling (not sure, It might depend a lot on what type of exception
handling strategy is being
used by mingw: I know that for a while it has used the unwind table
based approach and now it
has switched back to a windows compatible one).

> Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!
>
> By the way, I notice you are the original author of the Boost.Coroutine library. Do you have any intention of continuing development on this project, so as to actually get it accepted into boost?

Yes, I'm slowly working on it on a branch. Currently I'm simplifying
the implementation, but hopefully the interface will
remain mostly the same (no symmetric coroutines, though).

I do not have access to a windows platform currently, so I do not know
how soon I can get Boost.Coroutine to compile
on VC++ 9.0. I'll try to set my self up on windows again soon. If you
want to help me in the meantime, you are wellcome :)

--
gpd