From: Frank Birbacher (bloodymir.crap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 08:38:48

Hi!

Joachim Faulhaber schrieb:
> For every time<TimeSystem>- type the semantics of the minimal unit
> should be chosen as a static property of the types TimeSystem, that
> can not be changed for a given type-instance. That way, strong typing
> will help not to accidentally mix nanoseconds with decades ;-)

Hmm, I thought of using the same type (e.g. ptime) with different units
(seconds, hours, days). Just like a std::basic_string can be used with
"char" but two different character traits.

A time_duration can have mili- or microseconds resolution depending on
the system. I would rather not like my program to take a thousand times
more loop cycles for an incrementing loop just because I changed the
system (issue of portability in my opinion).

> So for every time type there is exacty one minimal time unit, the meaning
> of which can chosen as a static propery throu instantiation.

So for every time/traits pair there is exactly one minimal time unit...

So for every type/traits pair there is exactly one minimal unit... :)

Regards,
Frank