From: Jonathan Biggar (jon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 11:22:29

Bjørn Roald wrote:
>> I'll make it available once I have it building with boost build.
>>

> Great!
> Have you done any testing of IIOP compliance and C++ mapping
> compliance. Maybe I can help with some of that testing if it is needed.

I've done some interoperability testing with TAO and JacORB, so I don't
expect too many problems.

> What revisions of the CORBA standards are the target for your ORB?

It's pretty close to clean CORBA 2.5. I've got a handful of things to
doublecheck or fix for CORBA 2.6 compliance.

> Do you implement IR and DII ?

I implement the full DII and DSI, but I haven't written an IR yet. My
plan for an IR is to implement another IDL compiler backend that outputs
data files that can be bulk imported into the IR.

> I ask because I have special interest in
> those. We have worked around missing IR and DII in other ORBs, but it
> would be nice if it was directly supported.
>
> Do you plan any support for the QoS provisions and RT CORBA?

I support the Messaging QoS policies, but nothing from RT yet. I don't
intent to promote this as an RT ORB, but there are still features of the
RT spec that are useful for a "normal" ORB (thread pools, priorities, etc).

--
Jon Biggar
Floorboard Software