From: Scott Woods (scott.suzuki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-27 16:12:26

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Hill" <eric_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:58 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Question regarding logging,
persistence,threadcommunication, network messaging and async frameworks

>> Apologies to other list members. I am experiencing very odd mail service
>> that
>> means I am not receiving messages on the Boost list sent by myself.
>
> I see you're using Outlook Express. This symptom is not your news server,
> but rather the flawed Outlook Express client. The bug in question is how
> OE deals with the sequence ID from the news server. If you post a message
> to a newsgroup, the server will ACK the request, but queue the message for
> posting. If you check for new headers before the server has serviced the
> post, OE will blindly ignore that message. If you wait a few minutes (for
> the server to complete the post) then OE will happily show your post
> inline as expected. It seems to be a bug in the internal database engine.

Hmmm. Other details - I'm not accessing a news service. The OE client is
using
POP access to my GMail account. Recently turned off the deletion of mail in
GMail and have been checking through the web interface. Contents of GMail
and OE are the same.

But this is no longer Boost related. Will continue the hunt.