From: Eric Hill (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-27 13:58:08

> Apologies to other list members. I am experiencing very odd mail service
> that
> means I am not receiving messages on the Boost list sent by myself.

I see you're using Outlook Express. This symptom is not your news server,
but rather the flawed Outlook Express client. The bug in question is how
OE deals with the sequence ID from the news server. If you post a message
to a newsgroup, the server will ACK the request, but queue the message for
posting. If you check for new headers before the server has serviced the
post, OE will blindly ignore that message. If you wait a few minutes (for
the server to complete the post) then OE will happily show your post
inline as expected. It seems to be a bug in the internal database engine.

Try Opera 9, or one of the many other free newsgroup clients. You will
never experience that problem again.

Eric