From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-30 16:19:27

"vicente.botet" <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [...]

Yes, but these are additive, so the result is O(N). You have N futures
to wait for, so you cannot do better than O(N): the best you can do is
a constant factor.

As Frank and Johan have posted, it's the O(N) per wait, with O(N)
waits that's the killer.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk