From: Maik Beckmann (beckmann.maik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-30 17:04:59

Am Freitag 30 Mai 2008 22:42:45 schrieb Hartmut Kaiser:
> Ok, I'll first have to find a gcc 4.x platform before posting any future
> success stories...
>
> Thanks!
> Regards Hartmut

Hopefully gcc-4.3 will become the stable compiler for mingw soon. This would
be a boost for boost ^^

Anyway, if you got access to a pre-gcc-4.x Linux distro I propose downloading
the current gcc tarball, untar it, copy the attached Makefile into this dir
and run
{{{
make do_configure
make -j2
make install
}}}

No root rights are needed. The Makefile configured gcc to be installed into
the a subdir called stage. Now you should be able to just use the compile by
rferring to it via the absolute path
{{{
export CXX=/path/to/stage/bin/g++
$CXX foo.cpp -o bar
}}}
or in user-config.jam
{{{
using gcc : 4.3 : /path/to/stage/bin/g++ ;
}}}

HTH,
-- Maik