From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-02 17:24:59

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve:

> Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, it doesn't help in my case, because
> I have a x86_64 platform.
> I blindly tried all includes I could find in the Intel C++ directory,
> but none helped.
> A look at the docs also didn't lead to any insights...
> Is there something else I could try?

Well... you could ask Intel via Beman or John Maddock who are our points of
contact at the moment. :-)

In the meantime we'll probably need to add

  && ( !defined(__INTEL_COMPILER) || defined(__ia64) )

to the line in detail/spinlock.hpp that chooses the _sync path. But it would
be nice to have an official word from Intel as to whether the __sync
intrinsics are (going to be?) supported on x86-64.