From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-02 18:12:36

Frank Mori Hess:
> I didn't mention it, but I was thinking of a scheduler picking method
> requests
> and dispatching them using a single thread.

Hm. Are you envisaging a concurrency model in which every active_function
runs its own scheduler thread? I probably need to take a look at the source
of libpoet.

>> wait_for_any( waiting_ );
>
> A scheduler which takes O(N) to dispatch a method request is considered
> inefficient. N being the number of pending method requests in the
> scheduler.

The pseudocode isn't even O(N); it's O(NlnN) at best, maybe worse. :-) Do
note that it doesn't necessarily dispatch a single request per wait_for_any
call though.