From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-09 20:31:06

Esteve Fernandez wrote:

> But, doesn't the XML archive force you to change your serialization
> as well? I mean, you need to serialize every member with
> BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP. If I serialized my objects with the text or
> the binary archives, I would have to change their serialization if I
> wanted to use the XML archive.

well, that's a good point. However, using BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP
doesn't have any side effects but BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT does.
We've only recentlly got handle on all the implications of the "export"
facitity.

I'm still not getting he issue about the prmitives - that is, even if we
made
this change, you'ld have the same problem with primitives. That is
some items would have class names and others wouldn't. Perhaps
you might consider using the class_id but use the name if it has been
exported. Then it would always work. Anyone unhappy with the ids
could turn around and export all his class names.

Robert Ramey