From: Esteve Fernandez (esteve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-10 04:52:13

El Martes 10 Junio 2008 02:31:06 Robert Ramey escribió:
> I'm still not getting he issue about the prmitives - that is, even if we
> made
> this change, you'ld have the same problem with primitives. That is
> some items would have class names and others wouldn't. Perhaps

Sorry, I don't see where's the problem with the primitive types, YAML doesn't
need the class name for these types. Strings, arrays, lists, maps and
primitive types (int, float, double, char) are native YAML types and are
serialized "as is".

> you might consider using the class_id but use the name if it has been
> exported. Then it would always work. Anyone unhappy with the ids
> could turn around and export all his class names.

That's a good option, but it needs class_name_optional_type. Do you think my
patch looks good? If you think class_name_optional_type should be
implemented, I'll provide a patch for input archives as well.

Cheers.