From: Jonathan Biggar (jon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-13 00:35:41

Status report...

Jonathan Biggar wrote:
> So on this basis, I plan to proceed. Here's my plan to boostify the ORB:
>
> 1. Remove the dependency on ACE thread, sockets and event dispatch
> classes and replacing them with the equivalents from boost.
>
> 2. Boostify the source code per the documented boost guidelines.
> This includes:
>
> a. Reorganizing the source directories
> b. changing header & source files to use boost standards for
> license, include paths, macros, etc
> c. making the project compile with bjam

I now can take a tarball of my ORB source, untar it into a boost 1.35.0
distribution tree and type 'bjam --v2' and see my ORB library get built.

In the meantime, I've also completed upgrading the ORB to CORBA 2.6,
except for a few small known issues. I've also implemented a few CORBA
3.0 items, primarily the changes that changed many ORB objects to be
local interfaces.

I've got to take one more pass over everything and add boost compatible
copyright headers, and then I'll make an alpha version available for
people to play with.

--
Jon Biggar
Floorboard Software