From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-18 09:04:50

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> A slightly updated version of
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2008/n2615.html was
> accepted at the C++ committee meeting last week.

> Although these clock and time features evolved from Boost Date-Time,
> the actual realization is quite different. So we've got a transition
> that has to be managed. I'd personally like to see that transition
> occur quickly, both because Boost.Threads depends on these features,
> and because I can now bring forward an improved Boost.Timer based on
> these features.
>
> One suggestion is for Boost to provide an implementation of the
> headers to be added to C++0x, and then to use those headers in the
> various Boost libraries that need them. But I haven't thought it out
> in any detail.

I think it would be really useful to have an implementation of this in
boost. I've always intended Boost.Thread to track the standard, so I
will be making these changes in due course.

I think the point Ion made about backwards compatibility in
Boost.Thread is important, so I will retain the old function names and
signatures as well, at least for a couple of releases.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk