From: Johan Torp (johan.torp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 17:56:04

Youssef Oujamaa wrote:

> Hello boost developers,
>
> My mentor and I are working on a safe variable template class this
> summer in the spirit of the GSOC even though we where not selected to
> get any funds for it. We would like to know what our fellow boost/c++
> developers would like to see in a safe variable template class and
> what not, you can see what we are aiming for in the document bellow.
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/SOC/2008/safe_variable/boost_gsoc_2008.pdf
>
> We look forward to your input.

I would be interested in seeing some "bounded value" utility in boost.

I saw that you only planned one week of discussions on this developers list.
If you really plan on getting your library accepted you probably need to
spend a lot more "absolute time" discussing it. After you have a fairly good
implementation and documentation you can submit it for a formal review, see
http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html. Unfortunately it can take
several months from review submission until the formal review begins. Still,
even if you don't have the time to get your library into boost, someone else
can pick up where you left off and get it boostified.

So I hope you try :) Have you found any older C++ implementations?

Johan