From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-28 04:09:11

Rene Rivera wrote:
>> The problem is that the Jamfile for the math lib is doing a compile
>> test. That seems like a bad idea to me if there's no purpose other
>> than
>> to just do the test.
>>
>> So, is there a good reason for doing that test during build?

One of the three libraries built in that Jamfile won't build on Darwin
(because of no long double support for that platform in Boost.Math), the
test is there to suppress building of that library in that case - without it
you'll get thousands of pages of meaningless compiler errors which won't be
much use to the user :-(

Any better suggestions? BTW I basically copied the code from what the
serialisation library does when there's no wchar_t support.

>> PS. It makes it a PITA to test building Boost before merging to
>> release
>> with such things going on!

How so? Not trying to awkward... just to understand the issues,

John.