From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-28 10:18:49

David Abrahams wrote:
> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>
>> At some point the properties used to build the test changed from
>> link=static runtime-link=static
>> to threading=multi.
>>
>> The old results are still present in the jam log and are getting picked
>> up by the
>> regression tools. The version that is currently being run is passing.
>
> Good sleuthing, Steven!
> I presume someone knows how to blow away the old jam log?

It isn't the jam log, but rather the old results xml file.

This is similar to several other problems we have with the current
regression framework in that it can currently only be solved on the
tester's machine. Test frameworks that store results on a central server
would be an improvement in that such problems can be fixed (or more
likely won't even occur in the first place) without access to the
tester's machine. Hopefully, the CMake based testing under development
will avoid this trap.

--Beman