From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-29 05:03:38

Gordon Woodhull wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am hoping to contribute an extension for intrusive to handle fusion
> containers, so that an intrusive hook can be an element in a fusion
> container and a fusion container can be an item in an intrusive container.

I have no idea about fusion, but you propose adding
fusion_container_from_element to Intrusive, right? Correct me if I'm
wrong, but I understand from the code that you first obtain the an
iterator to an ElementKey (a type) of the map and then obtain a pointer
to member to that element type inside the fusion container. Then you use
  offset_from_pointer_to_member function of Intrusive to obtain a
pointer to the map.

I was thinking if offset_from_pointer_to_member could be pushed to
somewhere more Boost libraries can use (to boost/detail perhaps?) and
avoid having fusion<->intrusive dependencies. Then we can add
fusion_container_from_element to Fusion.

> Thanks,
> Gordon

Regards,

Ion