From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-29 16:12:31

Last week, a was bouncing around sites and found out that Subversion
1.5.0 has gone final. I've downloaded it because I want to try its
built-in merging support (to fix up Boost.Integer in a branch). Has
our subversion system been updated to 1.5?

Obviously, if the client and server use subversion versions 1.x and
1.y respectively, the transactions will proceed as the lower of those
versions. Therefore, both individual clients and the server must be
at least the 1.5 level to use built-in merging. There's another
requirement, though: if the server is upgraded to 1.5, the
repositories it manages aren't automatically upgraded. If a
repository isn't upgraded to the 1.5 format, then the server will act
in 1.4-compatibility mode as needed.

Is there a schedule for these upgrades to be done (if not done
already)? Is it possible to tell from the client side which mode a
server/repository uses?

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie