From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 (nd_mail_address_valid_until_2008-12-31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-30 11:36:05

David Abrahams wrote:
> If he hasn't, I'd be more than happy to stick it in the utility
> library.

I would very much appreciate if you'd do so. :-)

> This facility, while perhaps more important, can't be much bigger than
> next and prior.

The current sandbox/swap/boost/utility/swap.hpp has only 38 lines of
code! :-) Of course, adding array support would take a few more lines:
Ticket 2056 - https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2056 Fortunately,
when applying the patch that I attached to the ticket, swap.hpp would
still have only 51 lines, just like next_prior.hpp :-)

BTW, once boost::swap would be in the trunk, I'd probably have another
feature request: Given the fact that current implementations of
std::iter_swap and std::swap_ranges don't always call the custom swap
function of the iterator's value_type, it would be helpful to have
boost::iter_swap and boost::swap_ranges calling boost::swap. Moreover,
such boost::iter_swap and boost::swap_ranges functions would support
array types as value_type. :-) I think that <boost/utility/swap.hpp>
would be an appropriate place for Boost versions of iter_swap and
swap_ranges. Don't you think?

Kind regards,

  Niels