From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 10:37:25

simonvifr_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I contact you because an error occurs when compiling the "system"
> library with the following command prompt : bjam --with-system
> --toolset=intel --debug-configuration stage
>
> The intel compiler seems to be invoked correctly (see mail below).
>
> The message error is :
>
> error_code.cpp libs\system\src\error_code.cpp(90): error: namespace
> "std" has no member "strerror" const char * c_str = std::strerror( ev
> ); ^ compilation aborted for libs\system\src\error_code.cpp (code 2)
>
> My OS version is Windows XP.
> My boost version is 1.35.0
> My boost-jam version is 3.1.16-1 (ntx86)
> My intel compiler version is 10.1.021

Each of those is exactly identical to the setup on my main development
machine. The Intel compiler is one of the ones I test with regularly.

Yet the command line you specify about works fine for me.

One possibility, and it is only a guess, is that your configuration is
finding the wrong set of C++ standard library include files.

> Thank you for your answer to fix this error.

HTH,

--Beman