From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 13:17:37

The exception library uses std::type_info objects as keys for
accessing the values transported by boost::exception objects, and
that's where typeid is needed.

It is possible to disable the data-transporting functionality only,
leaving the exception_ptr functionality available even with
BOOST_NO_TYPEID, but compilers need some RTTI functionality to
implement exception handling so I am not sure if an exception handling
library makes sense at all when RTTI is disabled.

I think the best option is to #define BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE if
BOOST_NO_TYPEID is defined. What is the correct way to do this, or
should I directly #ifdef based on either BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE /
BOOST_NO_TYPEID?

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.