From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 16:53:41

On 01/07/2008, Emil Dotchevski <emil_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It is possible to disable the data-transporting functionality only,
> leaving the exception_ptr functionality available even with
> BOOST_NO_TYPEID, but compilers need some RTTI functionality to
> implement exception handling so I am not sure if an exception handling
> library makes sense at all when RTTI is disabled.

Exceptions seem to work in g++ with RTTI disabled.

> I think the best option is to #define BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE if
> BOOST_NO_TYPEID is defined.

This seems very disruptive. If that's the only solution then, at this
stage in the release cycle, it might be better to just leave things as
they are and live with the regression (it's for an undocumented
feature, so I don't think it's a show stopper).

Daniel