From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 17:55:08

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 01/07/2008, Emil Dotchevski <emil_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> It is possible to disable the data-transporting functionality only,
>> leaving the exception_ptr functionality available even with
>> BOOST_NO_TYPEID, but compilers need some RTTI functionality to
>> implement exception handling so I am not sure if an exception handling
>> library makes sense at all when RTTI is disabled.
>
> Exceptions seem to work in g++ with RTTI disabled.

Catch needs to discriminate between different exception types in a way
similar to dynamic_cast, except that unlike dynamic_cast, it needs to
work for objects of non-polymorphic types as well. That's what I was
referring to.

>> I think the best option is to #define BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE if
>> BOOST_NO_TYPEID is defined.
>
> This seems very disruptive. If that's the only solution then, at this
> stage in the release cycle, it might be better to just leave things as
> they are and live with the regression (it's for an undocumented
> feature, so I don't think it's a show stopper).

It seems pretty straight forward to me, my only question was what's
the right way to do this since I don't know much about configuring
Boost.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.