From: dpxguard-boost_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-07-04 10:08:29

Hi list, I have written in my free time the "single_pass_search" C++ template function, which performs generic sequence searching similarly to the std::search STL algorithm. The most important quality of single_pass_search and its main advantage over std::search is its capability to search for a sub-sequence in a search-range that is accessed through a pair of single-pass (input) iterators, while std::search requires that the search-range must be accessed via forward iterators at least. For example, single_pass_search can easily search a file directly through a pair of istream iterators, while std::search requires the interference of an intermediate container in order to obtain the file data via a pair of forward iterators at least. With data sources like istream, using single_pass_search instead of std::search is by far simpler, more efficient and less memory consuming as well, because the std::search algorithm additionally requires an intermediate container and some stream buffering logic. Anybody interested? For more information, I have uploaded in the "Boost File Vault" the following files: Documentation: Home/Algorithms/single_pass_search/single_pass_search.html Implementation: Home/Algorithms/single_pass_search/single_pass_search.h Example: Home/Algorithms/single_pass_search/Example..cpp Best regards, Jim Xochellis ___________________________________________________________ ×ñçóéìïðïéåßôå Yahoo!; ÂáñåèÞêáôå ôá åíï÷ëçôéêÜ ìçíýìáôá (spam); Ôï Yahoo! Mail äéáèÝôåé ôçí êáëýôåñç äõíáôÞ ðñïóôáóßá êáôÜ ôùí åíï÷ëçôéêþí ìçíõìÜôùí http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr