From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-11 12:50:27

AMDG

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Fri Jul 11 2008, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm thinking that the most reliable way to deal with this is to
>> /always/ provide forward declarations of functions that
>> should be found by ADL, even if they are defined in a separate
>> header.
>>

> That's a good answer. However, note that the first link you posted was
> from someone who wouldn't want such a declaration to be seen.

I don't think that #includeing vs. not #including a header is
a good way to restrict the declarations present. Code that
relies on a particular header *not* having been #included is
fundamentally broken, IMO. The only safe way to allow
replacement of a library function that I know of is to use
a macro, since this can be set globally.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe