From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-15 09:41:39

Chris Newbold <Chris.Newbold <at> mathworks.com> writes:

> [...]

There is no such guarantee indeed, but the fix does NOT rely on initialization
rules for non-local objects, but on the initialization rules for *local*
objects with static storage duration (6.7/4): the singleton is a local static
object inside the function singleton_default<T>::instance(), which is
explicitly invoked inside fast_pool_allocator ctors via
singleton_pool<...>is_from() (if you apply the fix, that is).

The non-local object involved in singleton_default<T>, namely
singleton_default<T>::create_object is there to guarantee that
singleton_default<T>::instance() is invoked, and thus the singleton created
in dynamic initialization time *if no one has done it before*.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo