From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-22 08:18:47

On Jul 22, 2008, at 4:25 AM, RenéBürgel wrote:

> Daryle Walker <darylew <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> ..But it seems that not every platform that doesn't use the __int64
>> types ignores the constant. I copied that code from some other file
>> (I forgot which one.); presumably, that author couldn't find a
>> ULONG_MAX equivalent for the __int64 type family. If there is one,
>> or a better alternative that never chokes on non-Windows systems, can
>> you tell me?
>>

> at least linux/gcc has a constant named "ULONG_LONG_MAX" defined in
> <limits.h>

It's been past time that I (or someone else) unify all the particular
types, constants, and macros pertaining to the double-long types.
Furthermore, since the double-long and the __int64 types are mutually
exclusive (AFAIK), the unifying items should shadow the __int64
family instead when that's defined in lieu of the double-long types.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie