From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-22 11:19:58

Robert Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just started looking at the Boost.Phoenix library, from a cold start,
> and
> I'm a bit confused! What version is current atm? It seems to be in flux
> between v1.2.1 and v2.0.

Phoenix v1 is the current version in 1.35.
Phoenix v2 is the current version in the trunk. The Phoenix 2.0 doc is
also there.
Phoenix v3 is in the works and is basically a port of v2 to Proto.

> Also, if someone could say a few words about any relationship between
> Phoenix and Lambda I'd really appreciate it. Does Phoenix replace Lambda,
> complement or coexist with it?

Phoenix aims at being a better Lambda and at replacing it.
It doesn't aim, however, at being compatible with existing code making
use of Lambda, because Lambda had a few weird behaviors in some cases
that are considered undesirable.