From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 11:55:08

2008/7/23 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:

> error: Unable to find file or target named
> error: 'object(file-target)@3310'
> error: referred from project at
> error: '/D:/boost/release/tools/quickbook'
>
> I don't know anything about quickbook, so help is needed to debug this
> failure.

This appears to be a problem with boost build. It should build
quickbook automatically if you haven't specified the location of a
prebuilt executable. But something is going wrong. I don't think the
quickbook build tool has been changed, so the problem might be
somewhere else in boost build.

As a workaround, you can first build quickbook separately. You can do
this by going to '$BOOST_ROOT/tools/quickbook', running 'bjam
dist-bin', and adding to your user-config.jam:

using quickbook : $BOOST_ROOT/dist/bin/quickbook ;

Replacing $BOOST_ROOT with the appropriate directory.

Daniel