From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-29 06:24:00

Ruediger Berlich wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> thanks - this helps.
>
> So from what I can see at
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html ,
> there is currently a single (Ubuntu-)Linux platform being tested. So, as a
> starter (and unless there are other suggestions), I will start with a
> Fedora Core 9 (gcc 4.3.0, IIRC) and an OpenSUSE 11 (gcc 4.3.1) set-up, both
> 64 bit. My aim here will be to test the "cutting edge" distros.

You might want to set up your regression tester for trunk testing first. If
you ironed out the wrinkles and all is working smoothly, contact the
respective release manager before switching to release testing.

And BTW, the list we should be discussing this is boost.testing. See
http://www.boost.org/community/groups.html#testing for details.

> Together, Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE should account for the majority
> of Linux systems out there.
>
> Best, Ruediger

Markus