From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-02 15:05:13

Hi,

After more than a year of development my implementation of logging
library is coming to its first release. Here are some feature highlights:

* independent logger/sink and multimodule-friendly design with great
extensibility potential
* support for both embedded and global loggers
* full-fledged attribute support (global, thread-specific and
logger-specific attributes supported)
* filtering and formatting support, including lambda expressions for
filters and formatters construction
* support for writing log to streams (files, console), rotating files
support
* support for Syslog API
* support for library initialization helpers, including settings file
support
* thread safety support with least possible locking
* wide-character logging support

The library documentation can be found online on SourceForge:

http://tinyurl.com/5e4fd7

Some requirements background can also be found on this Wiki:

http://tinyurl.com/2fndfg

The library code is quite stable, however, minor changes are still
possible. The code can be checked out from the SourceForge CVS, the
detailed instructions can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/6k9vvp

There are currently no automatic tests, but there are some examples,
which were compiled and run on Linux and Windows.

I would like to see what Boost community thinks of this library, whether
it worth submitting, has any critical flaws or any other thoughts.

I also would appreciate if Gennadiy Rozental and John Torjo expressed
their thoughts on possibility to review this library in parallel with
John's solution, which is currently in the review queue. I would gladly
discuss this privately, if they find it more suitable.