From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 12:13:37

Ok, this is awesome. Last week I made changes in the Sandbox I had to
revert and rework all over... Now the changes I made in both the pointer and
the STL containers are clearly to ones I want to stick with. This brings up
interesting concepts at the same time, such as: what should be the right
parameter of allocator::deallocate() ? We can't use a raw pointer over
there. We can see the non-official patch inside the bits folder and
shifted_allocator.hpp which I think solves the problem correctly.
Furthermore allocator::allocate() I beleive shouldn't return yet a smart
pointer because it creates unnecessary temporaries which can be costly,
depending on the smart pointer used. So the typedefs inside
shifted_allocator are the way I think they should be understood by the
containers...

Thanks,
-Phil