From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-05 02:50:54

Just for the records...

Smart pointers inside containers is a wide term. I mean here all sorts of
pointer wrappers that can track various statistics for example or use
totally different allocators requiring special pointer wrapper like Bob
Walters wants to approach.

In my case I am mostly interested into pure smart pointers and hopefully
shared_ptr can easily be used using the modifications I am proposing. We
could for example partly mix congruent lists without worrying about the
irreversable mess it could create. But a map controled partly by another
map sharing nodes is something I am mostly interested in because you can
access the same nodes but using "shortcuts" or different roots...

-Phil