From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 10:12:51

2008/8/6 Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]>:
> Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> On 06/08/2008, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the reference section of the MPL docs, there are a couple of issues.
>>> The
>>> biggest is that there is some new CSS wackiness that is making
>>> cross-links
>>> look like regular text until you hover over the links with the mouse.
>>> This
>>> is a regression from 1.35.
>>
>> Which download are you seeing this in and on which browser? Can you
>> point to an individual example. The MPL documentation doesn't seem to
>> have changed since 1.35.
>
> I downloaded the .bz2 file (boost_1_36_beta.tar.bz2) from SF.net. It looks
> to me like the look-and-feel of the docs have changed in 1.36, which is
> strange because I don't remember a discussion about it. For instance, the
> index.html at the root no longer resembles the website. And it looks the
> same to me regardless of whether I use IE7 of Firefox 3.

The root index.html changed in 1.35 when we migrated to the new
website. The design and planning for the new site was completed a long
time before I was involved so I don't know if it was discussed.

> For an example of the hidden links, check out the reference docs for
> mpl::for_each and play find-the-links. In particular, check out the code
> block under "Expression Semantics".

This is due to the stylesheet introduced in 1.32. You're probably used
to the website, which uses a different stylesheet. It looks like the
hidden links were deliberate.

Daniel