From: Martin Vuille (martin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-07 07:47:42

Markus Werle <numerical.simulation_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> Martin Vuille <martin <at> jpmvrealtime.com> writes:
>
>> The formal review for Andrey Semashev's Finite State Machines (FSM)
>> library is scheduled for August 11th to 20th.
>
> ... and again (!) this is not announced on the main web page where it
> should, so I nearly missed that one again.
>
> Could you please trigger an update of the webpage news section?
>
> I have a proposal: Mails to *.boost.announce should automatically
> be reflected on the web page news section, so the review manager
> is released from this burden.
>
> Or better: After login to www.boost.org the review manager fills
> in a web form for the announcement, which is then sent to the ML
> _AND_ brought to the frontpage news at the same time.

I would like to understand how the News and Recent Announcements sections of
the website's front page are intended to be used. Are they supposed to be
updated automatically through some means, or manually?

What is the difference between News and Recent Announcements? Should review-
related matters be posted in the News, the Recent Announcements, or both?

To my mind, it would make the most sense to keep the News focused on major
events of interest to Boost users (e.g., new releases), while the Recent
Announcements can (as they seem intended to) reflect postings to the boost-
announce mailing list.

MV