From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-07 10:50:18

Martin Vuille wrote:
> Markus Werle <numerical.simulation_at_[hidden]> wrote in
>
>> Martin Vuille <martin <at> jpmvrealtime.com> writes:
>>
>>> The formal review for Andrey Semashev's Finite State Machines (FSM)
>>> library is scheduled for August 11th to 20th.
>> ... and again (!) this is not announced on the main web page where it
>> should, so I nearly missed that one again.
>>
>> Could you please trigger an update of the webpage news section?
>>
>> I have a proposal: Mails to *.boost.announce should automatically
>> be reflected on the web page news section, so the review manager
>> is released from this burden.
>>
>> Or better: After login to www.boost.org the review manager fills
>> in a web form for the announcement, which is then sent to the ML
>> _AND_ brought to the frontpage news at the same time.
>>

> I would like to understand how the News and Recent Announcements sections of
> the website's front page are intended to be used. Are they supposed to be
> updated automatically through some means, or manually?

Technically, the news section reflects a combination of the news feeds
<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/website/public_html/live/feed>.
Which are "hand" edited as is deemed appropriate by any Boost developer.
But really is only touched by the release team, moderators, and review
manager. And the "Recent Announcements" is a direct reflection of the
messages posted to the Boost announce list.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything