From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-11 14:27:53

Beman Dawes wrote:

>> I worked *extremely* hard to make sure that the instructions as they now
>> stand will *not* cause people to run into stupid issues that prevent
>> them from getting started with Boost or decide that Boost is hard to
>> use, and it's very frustrating to see the potential problems taken so
>> lightly.
>
> I agree. This was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm
> concerned. I've lost all interest in supporting the current Boost.Build
> system and look forward to moving one hundred percent to something
> better, more responsive to user needs, and less likely to break the
> release process at unexpected moments.

Hmm? The behavior change been discussed happened for 1.35. And if you
read the discussion in #1744, I'll be happy to help with whatever behaviour
change is desired, as soon as everybody agrees on what behaviour should be
(and reading the comments does not leave me with impression that any concrete
suggestion was made, by anybody). The problem here, apparently, is in the
process, whereby:

- The folks who discussed behaviour change for 1.35 did not communicate to
Dave that getting-started needs to be adjusted.
- Dave did not communicate to you that he considers this issue critical

Do we actually have any process whereby issues proposed to be fixed in 1.36.0
are getting reviewed by anybody, or sorted by priority?

- Volodya