From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-11 18:25:43

on Mon Aug 11 2008, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

> Rene made that change about 6 weeks ago to both trunk and release. See
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/46957

You mean I've been needlessly worrying and nagging everyone about this for the
past 6 weeks? Couldn't someone have told me, or marked the ticket
closed, or done _something_ to indicate that we weren't going to have
the problem with 1.36? What a huge waste of everyone's bandwidth!

> I think that makes one of the concerns go away, but your other
> concerns need to be discussed further. I'll try to get back to them,
> but it will likely be a day or two, and after 1.36.0 ships.

Thanks; it doesn't bother me much now that I think the instructions are
probably okay. That said, I'd still feel best if they got thoroughly
tested.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing