From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-11 17:13:49

David Abrahams wrote:

>>> Honestly, I don't understand why we don't just expand the installed
>>> defaults to include static libraries so the existing instructions work.
>> In my tests on both Windows and Linux, static libraries were built,
>
> That's not what http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1744 indicates
> would happen. Did someone change the default behavior without updating
> the ticket? If so, this whole issue might have gone away.

Rene made that change about 6 weeks ago to both trunk and release. See
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/46957

I think that makes one of the concerns go away, but your other concerns
need to be discussed further. I'll try to get back to them, but it will
likely be a day or two, and after 1.36.0 ships.

--Beman