From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 11:07:18

Mathias Gaunard wrote :
> You could generate nested switches to
identify what type
> std::type_info::name is within a finite set
of possibilities.
> That allows identification to be done in
constant-time.

> Imagine identifying whether type_info
is "a" or "aa" for example. <snip code>
> If you have the mangled names at compile-time, it is possible to
> generate that kind of automaton automatically.

Well, I
already generate such structure at compile time using type traits based
decomposition and tag dispatching. The "runtime" part is just
acually feeding all parts of the type name string description (volatile,
const, repetition of *, array extent etc) to the ostringstream.

I don't think using type_info is a better solution as its output depends
on compiler and are sometimes non-existant.