From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 17:06:29

on Mon Aug 18 2008, "Robert Ramey" <ramey-AT-rrsd.com> wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Although it does look like we will be able to hold to a quarterly
>> release schedule, it is really doubtful we have enough resources to
>> issue point releases.
>>
>> To get bug fixes into user's hands more quickly, should we provide hot
>> fixes when appropriate?
>
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
>
> <deleted proposed procedure below>

<deleted proposed procedure below>

Your procedure --- more so than even Beman's original proposal which has
some of the same characteristic --- seems to ignore many users' need for
traditional point releases that are identical to a previous release
except for critical bugfixes. I probably shouldn't be complaining since
it's to my benefit that people need Boostpro's enterprise support
contract in order to get that kind of update.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing